When I decided it was about time I do my next batch of Grotesques, I wanted to get them done quick and get them painted so I could see how my test scheme would work on them. I made them part of my October Modeling vow of stuff I would get done by the end of the month to keep me motivated.
It worked pretty well:
I'm not quite fond of that last big, bulbous spinal column, but, like I said, the goal for these guys was SPEED. I'm really good at doing "just one more thing" on a model, and then it never gets done. These days I'm trying to actually finish them and get them painted.
So, on this, the second last day of October, I am happy to report that my grotesque squad is...
While I hammered through these guys, going for a MVP conversion of the much-loved Paulson Bioterror model, I put a little more work into converting the Aberration to lead the squad. He was converted from one of the beautiful new Skaven Stormfiends. I feel like I could write a whole blog post on this one model alone, so I will, and I'll just give you these pics of him almost finished so I can stop writing and get back to work on him ^_^