Friday, December 02, 2016

Haemonculus Coven Display Board for Armies on Parade (Flesh Friday)

So, as is usually the case, I realized on about September 14th that Games Workshop's in-store Armies On Parade event was happening in a month. This, really, should be the one event that is marked on my calendar and I work towards all year. I don't actually play that much 40k, and mostly do all this conversion and painting work as a means of seeing a concept through to actual models. If I inspire some folks along the way, or encourage them to try to do more with their models, we'll that's great.

But Armies on Parade is pretty much the best possible place to showcase the kind of work I do. 

However, I always realize it's coming up late in the game, and don't have enough ready in time, and blah blah blah.

This year is different.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

What Happened to Hard Foam?

Hi Everybody!

Brother.P. here, brother of Mr.Pink,

With GW starting up its 'Made to Order' campaign and hooking it straight into our veins, nothing can stop the nostalgia tsunami. I'm so pumped for the possibilities of what's to come, but there's something that is most certainly not coming back; Hard Foam Terrain.

This was the only one we had, and Mr. Pink gave it away!!!

Friday, November 18, 2016

Haemonculus Venom Coven Conversion (Flesh Friday)

So, in case you're new around these parts, or I haven't talked about it enough, my main goal for my Haemonculus Coven of the Unmarred force is to create a converted, Haemonculus version of every non-haemonculus unit in the Dark Eldar Codex.

A long, long time ago, in a country far, far away, I came up with a concept for a Haemonculus Raider:

It's mostly a Raider with some gribly bits attached, and a Talos as its engine, and I'd played with the idea of having some spidery arms growing out of the middle of it for carrying its passengers. However, it never really worked for me, so I left the spidery arms off.

I've since given more thought to the Haemonculus Raider concept, and the idea of having passengers suspended from it on some kind of meat hooks, and when I make my revised concept for it, it's going to look a lot like this Coven Venom

Monday, November 14, 2016

Sector Imperialis Easy Urban Basing Tutorial

In this basing tutorial article, I'm going to go over how to whip out nice looking bases SUPER quick using the brand new Games Workshop Sector Imperialis plastic urban bases.

I'm going to go through two tutorials: an Easy Formula for straight up Sector Imperialis urban bases, and a Fancy Tutorial for people who want a little weathering/rusting on the bases.

The two basing tutorials are mutually exclusive, and, though the Fancy formula contains the Easy one, it has extra prep that comes before the Easy formula. So if you want Fancy, please skip down to that.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Genestealer Cult Armoured Sentinel conversion - Magitek Armour


I've been horrible at blogging lately, but I promise you I HAVE been making Hobby progress and sharing it on my hobby Instagram here:, as well as my hobby twitter:

Heck, I even cross-post this stuff to Facebook, Tumblr, Flickr, and Pinterest, so, really, you can pick your poison.

Anyway, I haven't been sitting around on my hands, and I mean to post more on the old bloggerino soon, but for now, here are some photos of my latest creation, without all of the chin-wagging I normally do, which keeps me from actually posting blog posts!

It's an armoured sentinel for my Genestealer Cult force. I want to include sentinels since they give me the chance to create some mining mecha, which the Cult force is sadly lacking!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Genestealer Cult Teaser Pictures Analysis (Rumours)

I typically don't go in for rumour posts, but I feel like all the attempts to decode the Genestealer Cult teasers posted on GW's 40K Facebook Page have been a little amateur hour. A lot of people are talking about seeing Power Loaders and mechs in those grainy, shadowy photos, and I think it's just optical wishlisting.

I ran a couple of the photos through Photoshop's ENHANCE! filter, and here's what I came up with:

First up, we got this one, which came out yesterday:

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Genestealer Cult Returns! Inspired by The Strain

Hokay, so.

A long time ago, I got an idea for a Genestealer Cult, featuring some creepy dudes in black trench coats, and I swore that, once GW released plastic greatcoat guard, I would convert up my stealer cult.

So that never happened, but Games Workshop did release Genestealer Cult models, and—holy moly— are they every beautiful, and absolutely SPOT ON the Genestealer models of old, except modernized to compete with the surreal level of plastics currently coming out of GW. In case you'd missed it, they were sculpted by my new hero, Darren Razza Latham.

Though I had been holding out for greatcoat guard to start my cult, this release forced my hand.