Completed This Week:
- The same 3 Neophytes and 6 Acolytes I started last week. I've resigned myself that I HATE EDGE HIGHLIGHTING CHINTIN! Clearly this is why I had such a long hiatus after painting Tyranids for so long. I am not looking forward to the fact that I still have 20-some Acolytes to paint for my army, all of them as chintinny as these bastards. That being said, I am pretty happy with the way the red accents and teal of their chintin is popping.
This also showed me that painting Neophytes is easy and I shouldn't have been so proud of my progress last week. Things still left to do on these guys: their skin, sigils, and, of course, the finicky process of adding the OSL highlights to make it look like their shoulder lights are shining. Present Pinky is pretty pissed at Past Pinky for deciding THAT would be a good idea >:(
- My 12 Neophyte Enforcers went under the airbrush, and I gave them a red wash. I wasn't able to source the Secret Weapon red washes I was hoping for, so I tried Ruby. It turned out even more drab than GW's red wash, which was disappointing. I'm looking for a really vibrant one, so I guess I'll have to wait until my FLGS restocks its secret weapon :P
Next up on these guys is blacking out their weapons and paints, then highlighting black, applying metalics, and doing their faces. I feel like they should be pretty quick to finish...which sounds a lot like famous last words :P
- Came up with a pretty beastly design for my Hybrid Metamorphs. I'm only fielding 5 of them with crushing claws, so I thought I could push the boat out a bit and make them look different from Acolytes. I also wanted to pick up more of the fact that my cult is meant to be bladed cog, so they should include more nods to admech. I may have pushed the boat out a little too far with this guy as he stands taller than an aberrant! Here are some more views:
- I need lots of Rocksaws for my list, so I tried to squeeze a couple more out my my two Acolyte kits, and they were happy to oblige! I have no interest in either the other heavy mining weapons, or the drill dozer blade on the Goliath in its current configuration, so I stole some saw blades, and cut down the mining weapons so they could fit. I'm pretty happy with the look so far, but still need to greenstuff up some guards for the weapons.