In terms of kits, I had a bloodletter kit, a flagellant kit, and a crypt ghoul kit to draw on, and I knew I could find ample arms in those kits to make the wracks look suitably freakish, but what was really holding me up was the idea of heads. I wanted to give my wracks masks, either like the GW-issue wracks or like those awesome Reaver jetbike pilots. However I was at a loss when it came to how to get that smooth finish on them. I'm pretty good at smoothing putty, but I was less confident in my ability to smooth it into perfect curves.
Enter my modest progress on the Grotesques. I was fleshing them out and cleaning them up using apoxie sculpt, and I decided that it was probably time to give them some heads. I intended to use the extra heads provided with the Talos kit, and I thought they'd fit best if I produced a negative out of apoxie sculpt that I could attach them to.
...and that was when I realized you could create a pretty decent head by pressing a lubed-up Talos mask into some wet apoxie sculpt.
After that it was easy, and all that was required was to attach some cut-down Bloodletter heads to the Bloodletter bodies and mix up some apoxie sculpt:
So, now that I've got the masks figured out and have done some sketches of wicked, half-butcher, half-surgeon weapons, I can really get cracking on some more wracks >:)
Here are the first two who are getting near done: